Wednesday, June 6, 2012

A Note from a Small Group Leader


This past Sunday after the last child was picked up by their parent we asked our volunteers for some highlights of their day. Here's a highlight from one of our K-1 Boys small group leaders, Joanne.


"It was the end of the lesson and Mindy and I were getting ready to pray with the boys.  I asked them to bow their heads and close their eyes- which they all did!  Yay!  And then I started praying.  To my great surprise, the boys started repeating my prayer!  (I hadn't asked them to.)  It was so cool!!!!!!  So I started praying again, this time one sentence at a time, and they would repeat each sentence. And then we all ended with "Amen!"  I think what surprised me the most was that I hadn't asked them to repeat the prayer.  They just started doing it on their own. Perhaps it was the Holy Spirit touching their hearts.  :)

What an honor and privilege to serve Our Lord and these little people.  They're so cute!!!   :D big grin"

We so enjoy listening to, praying with, laughing with and learning from your kids. When we have moments with them, like the one described above it makes our heart smile.

Please let us know how we can help you have special "God moments" with your kids. A good place to start is by using the Parent Cues we distribute weekly. We want to be your biggest cheerleader as you lead your child to know our loving Heavenly Father.

Thanks for bringing your kids! We love hanging with them!
Rosie V.
New Life Kids Director
To see some pics of what we do visit our Facebook page: www.facebook.com/NewLifeKids

No comments:

Post a Comment